It’s feeling like soup time around here in Wisconsin! The past weekend, I put together this minestrone soup I wanted to share with you all. Feel free to add or omit to your liking! I have a tendency to keep adding to the pot as I go! We are calling it Garden to Table Minestrone as I tried to remember all the veggies I grew and still had available to toss into this nutrient packed soup! Enjoy!
Tag me on Instagram and show me your creation @katiemoglesby
Let’s get started!
- Olive oil
- Small onion
- Shallots (1-2)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves Sauté for a few minutes
Chop & Add the following
- 5 celery
- 5-7 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1-2 red or Yukon potato
Sauté for 5-10 minutes
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 can drained and rinsed Chickpeas
- 2 -28 ounce cans of San Marzano tomatoes + juice or straight sauce (smash the tomatoes with your hands as you add them)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Basil (1-2 tablespoons of dried)
- Bunch of Fresh Parsley (1 -2 tablespoons of dried)
Bring to boil and simmer for approx 30minutes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green beans (if you have fresh chop and add them in the above step)
- Add a cup or two of chopped kale (more the better for you :))
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Make it your own and add any of the following!
Tortellini’s, Noodle of your choice, A drizzle of balsamic, A dollop of pesto, Sprinkling of Parmesan